Posted: November 21, 2023
International Christian School
Full Time, Permanent, Temporary
Dean of Co-curricular Education & Pastoral Care
International Christian School (ICS) is one of the leading international schools in Hong Kong emphasizing Christian spiritual formation and academic rigor. ICS is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and the Association of Christian Schools International. We are inviting educational and administrative leaders to join us for this pivotal role in the life of ICS. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the job holder will oversee the heart of our mission as a Christ-centered school, and be instrumental in aligning and shaping the spiritual formation, co-curricular, and service-learning programmes guided within a Biblical worldview.
What you will do:
- Oversee and nurture the spiritual life of students and staff, fostering an atmosphere for spiritual development across the School.
- Provide guidance and support to the Spiritual Formation Coordinator in the delivery of the Chapel program, spiritual components of Tribes/Facegroups (tutor groups), and other compulsory and voluntary events for evangelism and discipleship.
- Lead and strengthen the ICS ethos of sport as an arena for Christian discipleship.
- Formulate a strategic plan with the Athletic Director for sport, manage contractual affairs with service providers and deploy sports teachers and coaches of the right caliber to bring our sports teams to the next level of achievement.
- Oversee our service-learning programmes in partnership with secondary school principals, as well as after-school clubs and activities, and the responsibilities of the staff involved.
- Oversee the Health Office in the provision of medical care to our students. Plan strategically with the Health Office for medical support for co-curricular trips and activities.
- Ensure that an effective risk assessment process is in place, and assess risk and action upon any issues arising from assessment. Maintain risk assessments, procedures and policies for onsite and offsite activities.
We are looking for someone with:
- A seasoned educator who is visionary and passionate about co-curricular education and pastoral care with a proven track record.
- Experienced in an administrative role in a school environment. Such experience should relate to leading and directing co-curricular activities, overseas exploration trips, service learning and sport.
- Effective leadership skills and facilitation skills, with a willingness to lead by personal example.
- A bachelor’s degree awarded by an accredited university, preferably in Education, Counseling or Theology.
- Ability to connect, motivate and inspire others, particularly young people.
- Excellent planning and organization skills with a strong eye for detail.
- Exceptional problem solving skills and the ability to mediate and resolve matters with parents, students, staff and the broader community.
- Full cognizant of the need to work outside normal school hours (after-school and on weekends) as deemed necessary.
- We are committed to promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo thorough background checks and child protection screening.
What we offer:
We offer a 5-day work week and an attractive international remuneration package, commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. As part of the ICS Community, you will have the opportunity to work with colleagues and students of diverse cultural backgrounds. We provide resources and support to teachers and support staff with professional development for their career progression. We have a supportive and engaging working environment marked by a distinctive Christian ethos.
JOIN US NOW!
Submit an online application with your resume and salary expectations at www.ics.edu.hk.
All personal data collected will be kept in strict confidence and will only be used for recruitment purposes.